Welcome to Bella’s Collection’s blog! Today we are going to go over different tips to help you match your clothes in the morning everyday! Check out the table of contents below to see all of the different styles we cover! We will also have photos through-out the blog as well sharing what we have in the store for you! Stop into the store today so we can help you pick out the perfect outfit for your upcoming event or interview! Hopefully this blog helps you!
Table of contents:
- Colors that shouldn’t be mixed
- Kitenge Fabric
- Ladies Suits
- Principles to matching
Colors that shouldn’t be combined:
- Brown and black
- Gray and Brown
- Blue and black
- Red and Green (Unless it’s Christmas)
- Green and pink
- Green and orange
- Purple and Yellow
- Red and Orange
Colors that do go together:
- Green and Yellow
- Pale Blue and Pink. (Nothing says spring more than pastels)
- Red and Blue
- Cobalt Blue and Turquoise
- Orange and Blue
- Tan and Maroon
- Orange and Black
- Pink and Grey
We sell different outfits as well as by the yard! If you make an outfit out of the same fabric, it will already match! If you want to mix fabrics, your safest bet is to use a solid color and a design.
Our fabrics are hang picked from West Africa. They are available in both plain and metallic. It is 25k per yard for plain and 45k per yard for metallic fabric.
Tops and Bottoms we have:
Tips to keeping your clothes soft after washing and wearing them.
- Read washing labels and follow the guide.
- Try making a natural water softener made from vinegar or baking soda.
- Go for detergents with long-lasting fragrances to get smells out of clothes.
- Let clothes hang naturally and air while drying.
- Use a gentle spin cycle on delicate clothing.
We offer women and girls suits, they are imported from USA and Turkey. The prices range from 350k – 900k
Our women’s and girls trousers are imported from Italy and Turkey. The prices range from 150k – 200k
1. MAKE SURE THE COLORS AREN’T TOO CLOSE:
One of the biggest fashion mistakes that women make is pairing suit separates in colors that are too close, such as a dark navy jacket and black pants, a white blazer and ivory pants, or a brown jacket and a skirt in a different shade of brown. Pairing those combinations will likely make it seem like you were trying to match but just didn’t quite get it right.
Instead, opt for colors that are completely different. A red jacket and a pair of navy pants will look great together, and so will a royal purple jacket and an ivory-colored skirt. Pro tip: Think back to the color wheel you learned in elementary school and try to pair contrasting colors.
2. MIX AND MATCH PATTERNS WITH SOLIDS:
The easiest way to mix and match your suits is to pair patterns and neutrals. Have a floral pencil skirt? Pair it with one of your neutral suit jackets. Red pants? Wear them with a pinstripe blazer. It’s hard to go wrong with this strategy because the combinations that you put together will immediately feel new and fresh, and you won’t run the risk of putting together two items that don’t quite match, but look like they were supposed to.
Start by pulling a color from the print you’re starting with—such as the pink from a floral printed jacket—and find a solid-colored piece in that color to match with it. Another tip: Black and white prints, particularly black and white stripes, go with everything. Leopard is another great neutral print that will match practically any other solid color you pair it with.
3. THE FABRICS YOU MIX SHOULD LITERALLY FEEL DIFFERENT:
Make sure the textures of your suiting separates have different enough textures, or you’ll look like you’re trying to match two separates that don’t go together instead of wearing two distinct separates. Pair a velvet blazer with wool pants or a tweed jacket with a thick ponte skirt so you don’t make this mistake. Another trick: Stock up on suiting separates that are the same material so you can easily mix and match different-colored separates.
Take another look at the suits in your closet: You’ll have a lot more outfits available to you when you start mixing and matching them. Create combinations that highlight contrasting textures, colors, or prints, and let your personality shine through the combinations you try.
You don’t have to worry about your outfit matching when you are wearing a dress!
We offer women and girls dresses that are imported from Italy, Turkey, and the USA. The prices range from 180k – 750k
Bonus – What we also carry!
Principles for Matching Colors
- Black is the go-to color for almost anyone. Red, blue, and yellow are known as the primary colors. All other colors come from a combination of these three hues. Yellow looks good with black, however as it has the tendency to look bright, it is always better to go for lighter shades of yellow when pairing with black. Yellow can also be paired with light green and light orange shades.
- Choose complementary colors. Two is a good number to shoot for. Some complementary pairings are: orange/blue, violet/yellow, turquoise/maroon. Refer to the color wheel to find complementary colors.
Thank you for reading our blog! Today we went over what we carry in our store! We also shared how to match your outfits! We shared many different pictures of what we offer and ways they can be worn! Our WhatsApp number is listed below! Text us on Whatsapp if you have any questions or come into the store and we can help you pick out your future new favorite outfit!
Share this with your friends that are Fashionistas…
Follow us to stay up to date on all the latest Fashions and stock arrivals…